Thursday, November 21, 2013

So close.... Yet so far away...

Sooooo for some reason the "Hall and Oates" lyrics "So close... yet so far away.. (yeah we're livin' in a dream world!)" have been running through my head today!! I am not advocating the singers, the song or anything about it haha But the lyrics fit my day perfectly!!!!!!

I am about to embark on a venting session about my beloved Ecuador! I know I rave about the ministry, the food, the culture, the people and it's all true.. HOWEVER!!!! Sometimes the frustration of living in a developing country just makes me want to SCREAM!!! hahaha

Sooo the day was pretty normal, everything going as planned and then!! I received the LONG-AWAITED phone call announcing the delivery of my furniture!! YIPPEEEEE!!! Oh how exciting it was as the truck pulled up in front of my house! I should have know it was oh-too-good-to-be-true...

As the very nice men carefully pulled my furniture off the truck, to my grave horror I realized "IT"S ALL WRONG!!" Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh....

As many of you know, I have my own weird sense of style.. most of it being black and white. hahaha SO, as most of the living room suites come in 3-4 pieces, including a couch, a love seat, and 2 chairs, I decided to mix it up a bit and order 2 pieces of furniture completely black and 2 pieces of furniture completely white.  Putting aside your personal opinions as to if that will be nice or not (haha)... just answer me this question:  IS THAT SOOOO HARD TO UNDERSTAND? hahahaha 2 white, 2 black!!! It was clearly written on the order form that the nice man filled out.  And it wasn't our spanish haha We took a ecuadorian brother with us when we ordered it just to make sure there was no confusion! hahahaha

SOOOO what came off the truck???? 4 pieces of furniture, each with the bottom part of the furniture black and the top part white!!! WHAT!! They all looked like big, giant OREO cookies with the top missing!! Oh no no no this is not going to work!!!  I actually cried hahaha I know, it's a bit dramatic but WHAT A LETDOWN!!! haha

So... now you see.. as the very nice men loaded my furniture back onto the truck promising that they will remake mine to my specifications (which of course means another 2 or 3 or 12 weeks!!! hahaha) The lyrics for the song popped into my head... "sooooo close, yet so far away... yeah we're living in a dream world...."

ARGH!!!! Thanks for letting me vent!! hahaha

I will write soon with some great, encouraging, wonderful experiences of good 'ole ecuador! haha but, TONIGHT, as I sit here with a comforting glass of wine in my hand looking at my STILL empty living room, TONIGHT, Ecuador and I are NOT friends! hahahahahaha

Love you all..


5 comments:

Judy A said...

Expectation postponed......I feel your frustration. Perhaps the delay will make you appreciated it all the more, orrr maybe not. Vent anytime

Elizabeth in Ecuador (de nuevo) said...

Awh - sorry for my text earlier - only just read your blog and now I feel stink that I asked you how it was.
Come over and sit on our furniture.....

Deb n Doug said...

Ahh, sending hugs and kisses and have another glass of wine and it will be all better.

Joseph said...

Hey guys im a jw from Sacramento california. Im gonna be coming to cuenca to in September but have some questions could u answer them, email me jnewland22@gmail.com, thanks so much

OrganicStore said...

I love your comment about the couches looking like Oreo cookies, haha. Did you finally get the correct set? I get to come there as part of the Jan 2015 Ecuador International Convention. I would love to meet you. Gayla