Thursday, June 4, 2009

"Hi! I'm Maria, and this is my sister Maria"

Remember how in my last blog I mentioned my bible student Maria? Well, she did indeed move this past weekend. Anyway, she gave me her new address and told me to call her this am to make arrangements to meet so she could show me where she lives. So, I called her this am and she answered right away, "Hola Michele! When are you coming today?" So I made arrangements to go at 10:30. When we got there, she was waiting for us! And not only that, but her sister was there waiting, too! They had set out little stools for us (as is very common here, they have no furniture), they had made juice for us (although it was probably "death in a glass" made with tap water...) and were waiting! Oh, I forgot to explain that she and her sister are identical twins...oh and there's more...they are both named Maria!!! Talk about confusing! So, try and imagine sitting directly across from Maria, and her twin sister Maria for the study! ( I was having flashbacks to "Hi, I'm Larry, this is my brother Darryl, and this is my other brother Darryl!) I had to say, Maria #1, can you read this paragraph...Maria #2 can you read this scripture? You had to be there...(as a small, and insignificant side note, they both paint on their eyebrows with the same color!) But, we had an AWESOME study! They both paid close attention, took turns answering, and told me that they really wanted to make progress in their understanding of the Bible! As I was leaving they asked me about 4 times if I was going to come next week to continue the study. They wanted to make sure... I skipped down the street on the way home. The only bummer is that I have to turn them over eventually because they don't live in our territory...hmph.... But, just wanted to give you the update! Hope things are going well... We miss you all lots!

4 comments:

Just Me said...

I am so glad that you found the Maria's again! And don't fret cause chances are Maria #1 will move back into the territory at some point.

mominlebanon said...

Death in a glass? You're making your mother worry.

SavvyLatina said...

Hi i'm in the Manchester West Congregation in NH and wanted to know if you had met Aron y Adriana Perez? They were originally in embato (i think that is how you spell it) but they just recently moved. I can't remember the town. If so say hi. Aron is my brother. Take care,

Iritza Perez

Judy A said...

I will so look forward to tasting some of the new dishes you are going to be learning. Sound like you all are going to be very busy and very tired. wish I were there to help.